Definition of Remedial Massage
REMEDIAL MASSAGE is a deep tissue specialty that aims at releasing adhesions caused from chronic injuries. Remedial massage incorporates a variety of massage techniques to alleviate discomfort and pain in the body’s muscle and skeletal system. The focus is on gentle deep tissue work to relieve neck and back pain caused by incorrect posture, muscle tension, muscle imbalance, weakness and injury. Also, to maintain flexibility in muscle, ligaments, tendons and joints reducing the likeliness of future muscle pain and injury as well as spasms and leg cramps.
Benefits of Remedial Massage
- Helps correct and heal chronic injuries
- To keep limber for your sport or maintaining vitality to feel younger and fitter.
Who may benefit from Remedial Massage
- Individuals suffering from chronic muscle-skeletal injuries
- Individuals suffering pain – chronic (long term) or acute (recent). Back, neck, arms, or leg pain, and headaches.
- Individuals feeling of tightness in muscles and joints – lack of mobility.